The real name of the church is St. Augustine Church but it is famously known as Paoay Church because it is located in the town of Paoay in the province of Ilocos Norte. The location allows convenient commuting from the boundaries of Batac, San Nicholas and Laoag City.
The Church Isle
Thick walls and posts with buttresses to support the walls.
Some more facts about this church:(Ref: Wikipilipinas)
According to historians, the bell tower also served as a status symbol for the locals. The bell would ring more loudly and more times during the wedding of a prominent clan that it would during the wedding of the poor.
Portions of the church was damaged during the earthquakes in 1865 and 1885. During an excavation inside the church in 2000, a prehistoric human skeleton and fragmented ceramics were discovered and are now in display at the National Museum.
Solo Church Shot